The Kentucky Association of Private Providers is accepting session proposals in the intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) field for our 2023 educational programming conferences and webinars, including our 2023 annual conference, which will take place September 29, 2023 in Louisville, Kentucky.
Presenting at the KAPP Annual Conference provides an opportunity to build your professional network and learn from your peers in the IDD field. We invite IDD association executives, agency executives, operations and program managers, case managers, direct support professionals (DSPs), business partners, researchers, policymakers, self-advocates, family members, and other stakeholders to share lessons learned, evidence-based results, replicable approaches, and practical tools to advance the ability of IDD service providers to best support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in fully participating in their communities.
KAPP is seeking proposals that assist providers in developing and maintaining high-quality, stable, and effective treatments, services, and agencies in an industry where change is constant. KAPP is looking for presentations that:
- Highlight new policy, research, and treatment initiatives;
- Provide specific skills and information related to individual and organizational leadership development and enhancement;
- Address system changes that affect business practices, including integrated care strategies, value-based purchasing, acquisitions/mergers, and alternative payment models;
- Provide guidance on building a culture of a committed workforce, including recruitment and employee development as well as effective remote workforce strategies;
- Offer concrete skills and tools to operate more efficient, effective agencies; and
- Inspire ideas for organizations to be leaders in their field.
Whether you are a first-time submitter/presenter or a veteran presenter, we welcome your submission! Please read this page carefully before you begin work on your proposal, and be sure to submit it by the deadline: May 15, 2023.
Details Regarding Accepted Proposals:
- Sessions for KAPP’s 2023 Annual Conference will be presented on September 29, 2023 in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Keynote presentations should fit within a 1.5 hour time frame and include a question and answer period.
- Breakout session presentations should fit within a 1 hour time frame (45 minutes for the presentation and 15 minutes for a question-and-answer session).
- Presentations for non-conference webinars will generally be scheduled on Wednesdays or Fridays from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Eastern time.
- Non-conference webinar presentations should fit within a 1 hour time frame (45 minutes for the presentation and 15 minutes for a question-and-answer session).
All proposals should be submitted via email to email@example.com by May 15, 2023.