Clarification from Claudia Johnson on 5.31.17: Ok-I found out where this came from and…
Link to recording: http://chfs.adobeconnect.com/p4mb1pge9wn/
Questions After The Webinar
1. Alice.Blackwell@ky.gov (DDID)
b. 1.800.635.2570 – After the DMS welcome message
plays, press “1”, “6”, and “2” to be transferred
directly to the MWMA Contact Center.
Updates from Alice Blackwell (in her words as much as possible):
- NCI Core Indicators report on Friendship – how it contributes to the overall quality of life. Valuable and reinforces the idea that friendship beyond family & paid staff is important to a person’s overall wellbeing. Quite a few references at end of article you might find interesting. (Document link above)
- Book recommendation: Triumph of Experience by George E. Valiant
- Voting information included in the above link. Resources.
- Transportation options for people to get to the polls. Provider should offer that support, first and foremost. P&A also is a resource for voter information.
- MWMA Resource Information link above including available training materials.
- Article in Kentucky Ag magazine about Active Day Richmond, Jenice Ledford, E.D. was quoted. Talking about the nutritional education program they are involved in.
- Successes within our SIS Team. 3 trainers, Cindy Christensen, Donna Pottinger & Debra Hall completed their IRQR’s with their national AAIDD trainer. All scored ADVANCED, highest possible. Additionally, we have SIS assessors who completed Lead Training through AAIDD, now certified to do group training. KY continues to be regarded as a top state for how we have implemented the SIS.
- KARES reg was filed and will be available for public comment through November 30th. 906-kar-1-190-10-13-16
- Michelle P. Waiver Incident Reporting – please remember for critical incident reports, you should FAX them to DDID like you do SCL. 502-564-2284
- Michelle P. Waiver MAP 531 – Regs that went into effect 6/3/16. Conflict-Free CM went into effect. 1 exemption based on geographic distance from a person’s residence. Must not provide services and CM unless you are the only provider within 30 miles of the participant’s residence. Must complete form specific to Michelle P. for the exemption. It isn’t the same as SCL. Located on the DMS website HERE. If requesting this exemption for a person in MPW, who wishes to do an exemption, for a person who participant directs most of their own services. Send form to PDS@ky.gov . Traditional services, send the Map 531 to DDID, same as SCL. DDIDMap531@ky.gov
- SCL Reg – still waiting on approval by CMS. Another extension through December 28th. In the meantime, 3 workgroups working on short-term fixes. 1) Exceptional Supports 2) Notes 3) Recoupment. Recommendations are being reviewed, and we are all eagerly awaiting direction on the next steps. As soon as we get information it will be passed on. Looking forward to those changes, we had some really productive meetings.
- November 7th week, MPW renewal will be filed. Know that it is going to be used as a placeholder. Only changes will be ones required by final rule. Department is assessing all waivers to see what is working and what isn’t. Will address MP then.
- Will do a similar thing for ABI waiver, filing a “placeholder” waiver in mid-December.
- Policy and Regulatory Clarifications: Reimbursement for person centered team meetings: SCL reg clearly states in the first section of the regs, Definitions, that this is not permitted. If you are providing a service outside of the team meeting, you can certainly request reimbursement, but NOT to attend a person-centered team meeting.
- Clarification: Michelle P. Waiver requirements to utilize HRC & BIC. Argument has been that there isn’t any mention in the MP regs about those and that is true. Reg does state that MP providers must be in compliance with Section 3 of the SCL reg. This section includes the portion which requires providers to participate in the Area HRC’s and BIC’s. MP should comply with that section in the SCL reg. Participation includes submission of plans. Review of plans through the BIC is best practice. We understand that this practice has probably not been widespread. This will be moving FORWARD as you develop behavior support plans for people in the Michelle P. Waiver.
- Orientation for HRC and BIC that has been done in person in the past, will not continue. Working on a video training through their website that will be available sometime next month. If someone needs the training please tell them it will be ready next month. If they have questions during or after the training, there will be a mechanism for them to submit questions.
- Heightened Scrutiny Transition plan process: training session for providers that are included in the first round of submissions to CMS. Mid-October. Those providers did get their transition plans templates. Those have to be back to final rule email by 11/7.
- 2 stakeholder review sessions – provider associations and advocacy members will be part of this evidence review process: 11/29 and 12/6. (Shannon is KAPP’s representative for this.)